Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Champion Among Us!

Because of Marie's humility and modesty I will be the one to share the exciting news! Our ward held their 2nd annual chili cook-off / talent show tonight and Marie's pot o' chili took top honors. I did not get a chance to taste the delectable dish as I was busy pretending to be an MC for the talent show, but her chili was the talk of the night. She promises to post the ad-hoc recipe at a later date. Congrats Sweetie! We all knew you could beat the 9 year old from last year :)


Our family was able to share some of our talents with the ward, even though you will notice that we were missing one during the performance. (Small bit of last minute stage fright) Thanks goes out to Mom Torgesen for teaching us this song (Down By the Old Mill Stream). Hopefully we didn't hash it up too badly. As you can see Whitney definitely loves the spotlight.


4 comments:

Porter Family said...

Am I mistaken thinking you two met while you were in the BYU chorus group? :) I love how Bryce is just standing with his hands in his pockets thinking, "My family is nuts."

Unknown said...

I love Bryce's awesome sway. He looks so cute.

David J. Smith said...

Great job on the song guys-way to go on the chili cook off too Marie!

Heather said...

We try to sing that song every time we go on a road trip and it never turns out right... I can never get my part down. I guess I am not a true Woolley : ). Great job on the singing and the chili!