Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Girls' Gala

Okay, so a few days after Carter's birthday, Carter and I headed down to Texas (with a stop in South Jordan) for a "Girls Weekend" with all the girls (sisters/sister-in-laws/mom)at Denise's place! We spent a great four days there and had lots of fun, food, games, visiting, late nights, movies, etc. It was fun to see all the girls and hang out! Carter was the only male, but he survived! Some highlights include going to the Houston LDS Temple, a day at a spa, lunch at Los Cucos, and Chick-fil-A (another day), shopping, but most fun (for me, anyway) was just being all together! On the way home, Carter and I spent a night at Brent & Penny's before returning to Poky where we faced a wonderful homecoming w/Marc & kids. Marc did a marvelous job running the house/taking care of the other three kids while I was gone... Thanks for being so wonderful Marc! I LOVE YOU!







I must admit, it was nice to hear that the kids cried for me the first night I was gone...honestly, I have moments where I wonder if my kids even care that I am around. Of course, I know I didn't always let my own mom know how much I appreciated all she did for us growing up... even so, it was nice to be missed and even better to come home!

Thanks Denise for hosting/planning etc. and having us all together!!! Looking forward to the next one! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Marie! 4 blogs in less than 3 days! That's amazing!!! Way to go!!!

Janelle said...

You have so much celebrating in your life! I can't imagine how busy you are. There's nothing like a little time away from the kids, it was well deserved!