Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving Day


Before Christmas is here, I'd better at least document that we celebrated Thanksgiving! And boy, did we celebrate! The day was spent with lots of family and great food. We have so many blessings to be grateful for, but I think not one can top the blessing of incredible family! Since Kara was married the morning before Thanksgiving, all of my siblings and their families were around for Turkey day, plus some extended family and friends that are basically considered to be family. I can't remember the exact count, but I've heard between 82-90 people were in attendance for the meal. Marc joined some of the menfolk for a little Turkey day basketball in the earlier part of the morning while the kids and I spent some quality time with our "extended" family, the Speckhards. Then we met up with everyone for the rest of the afternoon/evening and enjoyed the meal and company.









After the feast, we topped off/filled in the cracks with the traditional and non-traditional pies alike. All counted, I believe it was 41 or 42 pies total... not to bad a ratio, roughly one pie for every 2-3 people! And of course, keeping with our tradition, we did enjoy leftover pie for breakfast the next morning!

4 comments:

Jen H said...

Wow! That is a lot of pie!! It looks like you guys had a great time!

Berry Family said...

The tutu's are totally easy! I will email you the directions on how to make them. They are so great.

Elizabeth said...

way to go on the updates! What a great cake for Bryce's birthday! Love you guys!

A and C said...

great pics of my padres! That would have been so much fun to be at. Glad you had fun.